Last updated: 1 February 2021
This Copyright Policy applies to the Alliance for Green Commercial Banks site (the “Parent Site”). The Parent Site is sometimes referred to as the “Site”.
Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
We respect the valid intellectual property rights of others, and we ask those posting to any of our Site to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on a Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the Site where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on this Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this Site can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that content has been taken down improperly, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, made under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal courts located in Washington, D.C., and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Last updated: March 2022
Acceptance of These Privacy Terms
BY USING THE SITE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE NOTICE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
We may update this Notice at any time. Changes to this Notice will be dated and will be effective from the date specified forward so that users are always aware of what personal data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. You are advised to check our Privacy Notice regularly for updates. If you visit the Site following the effective date of the revised Notice, you will be deemed to have accepted the Notice’s updated terms.
I. What Personal Data Does IFC Collect?
When you access or otherwise use the Site, we may collect Personal Data about you and your interaction with the Site. We may collect Personal Data about you through:
A. Personal Data You Provide
When you access the Site, you may choose to provide Personal Data about yourself such as your: name, address, email address, telephone number, job title, and company name. By way of example, you may choose to provide your information in the following circumstances:
- To register or otherwise access the Site or certain portions or features of the Site;
- To request support;
- To subscribe to or order newsletters and/or publications;
- To participate in bulletin boards, discussion, or message forums;
- To enter or answer quick surveys, quizzes or benchmarking surveys;
- To register for events and conferences;
- To contact us for further information; or
- To visit our Site while logged into a social media platform.
B. Automatic Collection of Personal Data
We may use online identification technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels on some pages of our Site (“Tracking Technologies”). The information we collect using these technologies includes: your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring website.
Cookies: Cookies may be used to assist us in providing a more customized website experience. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information in a website area so that its user does not need to re-enter it on subsequent visits. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it (for more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org).
Third-Party Analytics: We may also use website analytics providers which may set cookies in your browser. Site activity information collected by these analytics providers may be combined with Personal Data held by IFC.
Other Tracking Technologies: Tracking Technologies from marketing partners, third party sites, and social media platforms may be used to understand how visitors navigate to our Site from others, compile aggregated statistics about visitors who interact with our content, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
II. How Does IFC Use the Personal Data it Collects?
We may use the Personal Data that we collect about you for any or all of the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries, such as to answer your questions sent through the “Contact us” link on the Site or to confirm your purchases and registrations on the Site, as applicable;
- To communicate with you regarding the Site’s events, resources or services that may be available to you;
- To customize the Site for you by, for example, not having to enter information like your address more than once or to help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests;
- For IFC’s business purposes, such as to help us explore ways to improve our products and services, to help us improve the Site, or to help us create Site content areas most relevant to you, including by requesting feedback, and for related internal purposes such as data analysis, legal analysis, audits, enhancing the Site, and identifying usage trends;
- To help us operate and improve the Site, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Site;
- To protect against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks; and
- To maintain and improve the safety and security of the Site.
III. With Whom Does IFC Share the Personal Data It Collects?
We may share the Personal Data that we collect about you as follows:
A. World Bank Group Entities. To fulfill IFC’s mission as stated in its Articles of Agreement, we share Personal Data with other affiliates of the World Bank Group.
B. Service Providers. We may share Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as those entities that assist us with technology, data analysis, website hosting/administration or similar services.
C. Events and Publications. We may also share Personal Data with co-sponsors of IFC events and publications related to the Site.
D. Remedies and Enforcement. We may use or disclose Personal Data as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Notice; (ii) to protect and defend our rights and property; (iii) to protect the interests of IFC or others; and (iv) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
IV. How Does IFC Protect and Maintain Personal Data Collected Through the Site?
If you would like to review, correct, update or remove Personal Data about you that you previously provided to us through the Site, you may submit new information by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are not repsonsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the database of third parties.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list or any registrations, we will provide instructions within the approproate area of the Site or in communications to you; or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Third Party Websites
VI. Use of the Site by Children
The Site is not directed to children. If you are a minor, please do not submit any Personal Data to us.
VII. International Transfers of Information
By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Data in the United States or elsewhere.
VIII. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Privacy Notice or the information practices of the Site, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com:
The Alliance for Green Commercial Banks
International Finance Corporation
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20433
United States of America
X. More Information and Data Privacy Office
For more information on IFC's approach to personal data protection, including how to directly contact or request information from IFC's Data Privacy Office, please visit www.ifc.org/privacy.